What is Gold-Filled?
Gold-filled jewelry is a lifetime gold product that, unlike plating, will never flake, peel or rub off. A thick sheet of gold (100 times thicker than plating) is permanently bonded to a base metal that leaves only gold touching the skin. This technique is a more affordable alternative to buying solid gold; and looks, wears and feels exactly like solid gold.
What is sterling silver?
Lionne Designs uses .925 Sterling Silver: the highest quality, jewelry-grade alloy made of 92.5% pure silver and 7.5% copper. By itself, pure silver is extremely soft making it unsuitable for jewelry, thus an alloy was created. Sterling silver is safe to wear and allergy-free.
What is tarnish?
All sterling silver will tarnish; but with proper care, it will look as beautiful as the day it was purchased. Tarnish is a natural process that occurs when the air’s gasses come in contact with silver. Tarnish starts as a yellowish tint, becoming more difficult to remove as it turns brown and eventually black when not cared for properly.
How do I keep silver jewelry from tarnishing?
Prevent tarnish by storing jewelry in small air-tight, zip-lock bags. Frequent light polishing with a Lionne Designs polishing cloth will help to minimize tarnishing. Periodically washing jewelry with a mild soap solution and warm water is also an easy way to prevent tarnishing.
Jewelry Care Tips
- "Last On, First Off" - Hair products, lotions, cosmetics, and perfumes can harm the delicate surface of stones and dirty a metal's surface. Always put jewelry on last when getting ready, and the first to take off when ending your day.
- Lightly polish after each wear using a Lionne Designs anti-tarnish polishing cloth
- Store all jewelry in air-tight plastic baggies to prevent tarnish
- Do not store jewelry in the bathroom where humidity can accelerate tarnish
- Always remove jewelry before washing or swimming to keep safe from harmful chemicals
- Never wear jewelry while doing strenuous activities-jewelry is a delicate work of art.
Homemade Sterling Silver Cleaning Solution
Click here for a printable version (PDF document)
This solution is safe on sterling silver and most natural stones and gems. Always test a small portion of jewelry before submerging the entire piece.
A small bowl, aluminum foil, warm water, powdered Tide laundry detergent without bleach (do not use liquid detergent), soft toothbrush, soft towels
- Line a bowl with aluminum foil, shiny side up.
- Fill the bowl with enough water to completely submerge the jewelry, add one or two teaspoons of powdered Tide laundry detergent and stir until completely dissolved.
- Lay silver jewelry in the soapy solution for thirty seconds at a time.
- The toothbrush can be used to gently scrub away tarnish from tight spaces.
- Rinse jewelry in clean water and allow it to completely dry on a towel before putting back in storage.
Ring Sizing Guide
Please ensure your printer is set to 100-percent or “actual size.”
Select a ring that properly fits the intended finger. Match it with the circles until the inside edge of the ring matches the outside of the circle.
Sizing Tip: Rings with wide bands will fit tighter; going up one size should provide a more comfortable fit.